Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rodney Kent Enigmas

While I haven't written much this summer, it hasn't stopped me from acquiring new Rodney Kent that I've never seen. Now it is possible that like one of my previous blogs, some finds could be copies. SO I have been ever more diligent in examining them before I made a pronouncement.






Exhibit A
 
I picked this up on EBay recently. It came complete with the tag. The person who sold it told me that the tag was on at the estate sale she purchased this from. She has owned it for 12 years. The tag is stamped so that if I am to use it as a marker, it would be pre-1943. Almost nothing on it matches design-wise. I have never seen that decorative  stamping. I have never seen Brass  or gold colored trimmings. It definitely is not hammered aluminum. Yet, the tulip finial is exactly Rodney Kent. The petal detail is all there. I don't know what to think. Anyone have an opinion?


HOT UPDATE!!!
 This may indeed be the real thing with a production date of around 1956 and a number in the 700 series. More on this in a few days

No comments:

Post a Comment