Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Enigma Resolved

If you read my Enigma blog last week, then you know that I was on to something. Yes, I won the bid on Ebay and I am now the proud owner of a tray, #716. Given in 1956 as a wedding present to the sellers mother and never used. Still in the original box, which is the only reason we have a number because there is no stamp, it is on its way to my collection. Here is a sneak preview from the seller's post
 
The tray, a polished steel with a rope edge, it is the floral stamp in the center that is identical to my recent find of a casserole holder with a brass colored tulip final and brass handles.
 

 

 
Above, the box that it was shipped in.
 
 
 
Another view of the central stamp. Compare that to the stamp on the casserole lid.
 
 
 
 
On the down side, I lost a bid for something I had wanted. A butter dish with the lid that matched the catalog page I had from 1955. Below is a picture that some lucky collector acquired while I couldn't make a connection to the web from inside my place of employment. I so need an emoji right now.....
 
 
Well here is what I was outbid on.
 

 
Check out my earlier blog of the catalog page and you will see this breakfast susan. I own #400, with the traditional finial on the butter dish. I don't know if this carries the same number.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment