Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Holy Grail of Rodney Kent

Catalog No. 40
Catalog No. 53
I have about 175 different pieces and I thought I must have come across all of them. I wasn't right. Not even close. I am now in possession of not one, but two wholesale catalogs, volume 40 and volume 53. This is the first time that I have any documention  from Krischer that not only shows the complete item with the item number, but the real intent. So for all of you that thought the #403 was a vanity set..... oh no, it's a cheese and  butter  combination set.

ok, I couldn't wait to publish this so I'll have to figure our later why my photo won't rotate.




You didn't know that there was a beverage set ......


or that this lazy susan had a 1 1/2 quart Pyrex casserole in the center




or that the Cassarole holder with the rolled edge on the holder and the "C" handled dish has a different number than what is stamped on the bottom. It's Stamped #440


or that the beverage cooler set (and this tray actually got lost in the mail, Thanks USPS) originally had glasses.



I thought that the salad for and spoon set came with bowl #415.... Who knew?


 or That #445 was a pie plate holder.




And finally, there are holes.... numbers without items beside them, explaining why, when making a numerical list we never came across the a complete list. I hope that you enjoyed this preview. More in depth next time. Something to ponder.. did you know that some of the pieces had WOOD CUTTING BOARD inserts?

3 comments:

  1. I am researching my round # 409 it has handles with flowers, the tray has 3 etched tulips gathered at the stem base with a lovely bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelente , algunos objetos parecen ser para otros usos y distan de lo que realmente son, gracias por las fotografías , 😍

    ReplyDelete